Theoretical and practical course of Tuscan Cuisine
Open to everybody
Location: “Casaristobar” Via Petrarca, 31 (Figline-Incisa V.no)
Certificate of attendance
The course is made up of practical cooking with the tutoring of the renowned Tuscan Chef Armando Siesto, and a theoretical part concerning the history of Tuscan and Florentine cookery from the Etruscan cooking and the Medici family up till today.
With the help and assistance of the Chef, you will perform by yourself a complete typical traditional Tuscan meal and together with the precious contribution of our expert in Italian art history and culture Daniela Loeb Luppino, you’ll discover the origins and curiosities of the dishes.
This will take you back into the real spirit of ” The Tuscany Convivium” distintictive and characteristic of the Renaissance.
Thanks to this innovative course you’ll have a social opportunity to share an exclusive experience but above all you’ll learn recipes and secrets about the classic Tuscan cookery so you will be able to do it yourself at home, surprising your friends and family.
Specific topics: first lesson (day one)
- Welcoming. Meeting the teachers.
- Menu preview.
- Presentation of local products with dishes historical setting and location.
- Historical introduction to approach florentine culture with a friendly atmosphere.
- Description of typical florentine recipiesand start cooking together (e.g. Fagioli all’Uccelletto al Fiasco , Crespelle alla fiorentina, Pane Santo del Casentino, etc…).
- Dinner based on meats: Bistecca alla Fiorentina and Pollo alla Cacciatora.
- Tucan red wines tasting like Chianti and others.
- Making togheter the typical dessert: “Schiacciata alla Fiorentina”.
- Preparation for next day: Coccoli bread, Zolfini white beans and cookie dough of Cantuccini di Prato.
Specific topics: second lesson (day two)
- Greetings and menu preview.
- Start cooking!
- Finishing the dishes started the first lesson, day one Coccoli bread, Zolfini white beans and cookie dough of Cantuccini di Prato.
- Throughout the dishes in the course you’ll get an historical overview of Tuscany, and a culinary journey from the Medici’s costumes to nowadays secrets of florentine cousine (e.g. the use of red onion in “Panzanella” came from Caterina de’ Medici’s passion for it.).
- Instruction and making of one of the basic local cooking specialty: frying (e.g. Coccoli , sage and fresh vegetables).
- Workshop of hand made pasta with the help and teaching of the Chef. Learning and having fun together.
- Tucan white wines tasting throughout the course. Ending with the famous Vin Santo that goes together with the typical cookies “Cantuccini di Prato” that you made!